Our Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department aims to assist you to avoid a dispute if possible and, where it is not, to represent your interests and ensure that your family or business needs are protected. Our lawyers will advise you and help you to achieve the best resolution of your dispute, whether by litigation, mediation or another form of dispute resolution or negotiation.
We aim to assess and deliver your specific client goals or needs and to do that as commercially and economically as possible whilst explaining to you the risks and likely outcome of your dispute.
We have extensive experience in all aspects of commercial litigation, property litigation, Insolvency, and employment matters and have conducted cases in all civil courts, the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal, Employment Tribunal and in mediations and arbitrations. Our client base ranges from private individuals to large corporations and offshore companies.
We are also able to provide advice and assistance in relation to drafting of documents including Employment Contracts, Shareholders Agreements, Service Contracts, Terms of Business and Asset Purchase Agreements.
We pride ourselves in providing open access to law and have conducted some high profile cases for publicly funded clients or those on very limited means in suitable cases against large financial or other major institutions.
Freemans can now offer Agency work from our new High Court Offices in Essex Street, opposite the Royal Courts of Justice. Our Litigation Department can provide agency services for all levels of Applications and Hearings in the High Court, Central London County Court, Clerkenwell and Shoreditch County Court and the Mayor's and City County Court. If you require our services please contact Paul Nathan or Ganesh Khatri on 020 7935 3522 or by email on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our expertise includes the following areas of law:
Commercial Property Litigation
- Rent / Service Charge Disputes
- Breaches of Covenants
- Lease renewals
- Leasehold Enfranchisement
- Applications in the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal
Residential Property Litigation
- Rent Arrears and other Breaches
- Service of S8/S21 Notices under Housing Act 1988
- Possession Proceedings
- Leasehold Disputes
Corporate Litigation and Advice
- Company / Contract Disputes
- Director and Shareholder Disputes
- Partnership Disputes
- Advice on Company formation matters including
- Drafting of Shareholders Agreements
- Service Contracts
- Ancillary documents
- Terms of Business
- Insolvency litigation and advice (including advice in relation to Bankruptcy, Liquidation, IVAs and CVAs)
- Debt Recovery / Enforcing Judgments
- Professional Negligence
- Co-ownership / Trust of Land Claims
- Nuisance and Boundary Disputes
- Adverse Possession
- Insurance Disputes
- Employment claims
- Drafting of Employment Contracts
- Compromise Agreements
- General advice and assistance in respect of attendances at hearings
- Attendance at hearings in the High Court, Central London County Court, Clerkenwell and Shoreditch County Court and the Mayor's and City County Court
- Junior and Senior fee earners available depending on your requirement